The need to establish communities grows as a reaction to the losses of human’s emotional and social safety. The transformation of the world invites to be not only under action but also be acting. Teachers, their colleagues, educatee and their parents develop a school community with joint efforts. This form of social organization meet natural need of a child to belong to a certain group, tries to maintain child’s individuality, positively influences his/her socialization and educational success.
This paper analyses the realia and perspectives of community development as an index of democratic school change.
Research object– the community of a school-kindergarden.
The aim of the research is to analyse the attitude of the parents and teachers towards the realia and perspectives of school community development in order to create a favorable school for all the children.
The following are the objectives of the research:
1. Find out the attitude of the parents towards a school-kindergarden community.
2. Find out the attitude of the teachers towards a school-kindergarden community.
3. Identify the attitude of the parents towards the perspectives of a school community development.
4. Identify the attitude of the teachers towards the perspectives of a school community development.
The methods of the research are as follows: the analysis of the scientific references, document analysis, a question-based inquiry, statistical analysis of a question-based inquiry processed using SPSS for Windows, version 10.0.
The theoretical part of the paper makes an overview of a community (society) concept, makes a theoretical analysis of the issue in pedagogical, psychological and social terms, the development of a school community as a socialization system with participation of the parents and the teachers. The practical part of the paper presents the research on a school community development that helps to assess the attitude of primary school teachers and primary school pupils’ parents towards the realia and perspectives of community development.
The paper ends up with the following conclusions:
1. The scientific references and the documentation regulating education reason the statements declaring that a recruited school community is one of the strong factors creating preconditions for the organization of a qualitative education of the children: a child feels oneself more safe, more responsible, more open for creativity, choice, order and learning, the parents feel themselves to be important, participating in their child’s education, the teachers have partners in education.
2. Taking into consideration the processes character of the world we have to assume that the concept of community changes. What will be the content of the concept strongly depends on the interaction of the very members of the community, social environment, life challenges and changes.
3. Most of the parents evaluate positively the community of a school-kindergarden, have an optimistic attitude towards the possibilities of their child.
4. The disposition of the parents to set out the perspectives of a school community development holds forth a hope for productive cooperation with a school kindergarden.
5. Most of the teachers evaluate positively the community of a school-kindergarden. Teachers as the leaders of a school community development could influence more the process of change by involving the parents into the education process. This would save their time and energy.
Key words: community, school community, training, education, communication, cooperation, partnership, socialization, welfare.
Raktažodžiai: socialization, cooperation, edukacija, partnerystė, partnership, communication, ugdymas, bendradarbiavimas, education, training, gerovė, welfare., community, school community, Bendruomenė, socializacija, mokyklos bendruomenė, bendravimas